The Embodiment of all forms of Divinity - By N. Sudhindran


“OM BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAl BABAYA NAMAHA” 

Swami is worshipped as ‘Sarva Devata Swaroopa’ - ‘The One Who embodies all the Gods and Goddesses’. But on a few occasions, Bhagavan exhibits the characteristics of a particular deity in order to bless devotees and bring joy to them. Among such instances, Bhagavan in the form of Divine Mother is most enchanting and endearing to many of us. 

“OM SRI SAl ADl SHAKTAYE NAMAHA” 

Sathya Sai with Students in Trayee Brindavan
One evening we were all sitting around Bhagavan in Trayee Brindavan at Whitefield. All of a sudden, Bhagavan asked me if I would give Him anything that He asked for. Immediately, I replied, “Yes, Bhagavan”. Bhagavan looked at me in my eyes and asked, “Are you sure, will you give me even your life?” Saying thus, He stretched out His palm towards me. I confidently replied, “Yes” and was about to place my palm on His palm, but He withdrew it at once, and said something that overwhelmed me by its impact. Bhagavan said, “You fool, who are you to give your life to Me? Your life is already in My hands, and you have no control over it!” I realised that none other than Goddess Shakti Herself, who is permeating each and every cell in my body and sustaining my life every moment, spoke these words. 

I would also like to narrate another experience where Bhagavan saved my father's life. 

In February 2000, my father underwent a regular health check-up where he was diagnosed to have a minor heart problem. The doctors then prescribed more tests. But my father decided that he would not allow himself to be treated further without Bhagavan's permission. 

So he came to Prasanthi Nilayam to seek Bhagavan's blessings and permission for his heart treatment. During Darshan, Bhagavan spotted my father and immediately went up to him and enquired about his health. Then Bhagavan materialised Vibuthi and gave it to my father and asked him to get himself checked up again at the Sri Sathya Sai Super Specialty Hospital, Prasanthi Nilayam. 

As per Bhagavan's advice, my father underwent tests and the doctors recommended all operation. The operation was scheduled for 1st March, after Bhagavan's prior approval. Since my father was staying alone, he asked Bhagavan if it was necessary for my mother to rush to Parthi immediately. Bhagavan told that there was no need to hurry and assured my father saying, “Don't worry, I will take care of you!” 

A few days before the operation, my father decided to go for a short walk in the evening. When he was walking on the road, he felt a slight pain in his chest. So he thought that it would be better to sit down somewhere nearby. That very moment an ambulance appeared on the scene, and a senior Ashram official alighted from it and rushed towards my father saying that Bhagavan had personally sent him to enquire about my father's condition, and if necessary, to rush him to the hospital. Bhagavan thus demonstrated His love and omniscience and the chest pain vanished. 

As the D-Day approached, my mother and I landed in Prasanthi Nilayam. Finally on March 1st, my father was taken into the operation theatre at 8 a.m. What was supposed to have been a minor operation turned out to be a major and a critical one, which took five hours. When the doctors operated upon the heart, they discovered that there were five blocks in the arteries and it was a medical miracle how my father lived normally when there was apparently no way the blood could flow in and out of the heart. Undoubtedly my father is alive sheerly due to Bhagavan's grace. 

After the operation, Bhagavan told me to be happy and said, “Tell your mother about this successful operation. She will feel happy. And also convey to her that I am thousand times happier than she is.” 

Our love is filled with selfishness and attachment born out of a relationship of a few years. But Bhagavan has been loving and protecting all of us for thousands of births! 

“OM SRI SAI JNANASWAROOPAYA NAMAHA” 

The Divine Chancellor of Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning

Swami is worshipped as the very embodiment of knowledge and wisdom - Goddess Saraswati. As a standing testimony to this, we see the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning under the Divine Chancellorship of Bhagavan. This Institute with its three campuses in Anantapur, Whitefield and Prasanthi Nilayam has been providing the best quality of education absolutely free of cost for so many years now. Due to this, thousands of young boys and girls from all over the country and the world have immensely benefited. This Institute imparts not only secular education, but also more importantly ‘Educare’ - which is the holistic form of education for life. 

“OM SRI SAI ANNAVASTRADAYA NAMAHA” 

Swami supervising Narayana Seva at Hill View Stadium
Every year, come the month of November, we witness the grand Narayan Seva when thousands and thousands of poor villagers assemble in the Sri Sathya Sai Hill View Stadium. There, our Beloved Bhagavan comes and personally initiates the distribution of clothes and food to them. 

This year being the 75th year of the Advent of the Avatar, in addition to the usual Seva, Bhagavan has planned to build houses for hundreds of families and invest INR 100,000 per family for educating their children. The very magnitude of men, materials and money to be involved in this project is mind-boggling. Well, if this is not an example of the Supreme compassion of Goddess Lakshmi, then what else is? 

“OM SRI SAI PREMA MOORTAYE NAMAHA” 

Inside the Prasanthi Nilayam interview room
One morning, Bhagavan had called a few people for a personal interview and among them was an elderly couple. When all the people were seated inside the interview room, Bhagavan came up to the old lady, and in a very humble and sweet manner asked her - “Amma, do you remember, nearly thirty years back, you saw me in - so and so’s - house in - such and such - village in Andhra Pradesh. Do you recollect that?” Needless to say, both the husband and the wife melted in tears of love and happiness. In spite of the fact that thousands and thousands of people throng at His Lotus Feet, every morning and evening to have His Darshan, He still loves and cares for us and protects us safely in His heart, personally in the most personal and intimate manner. This is what makes Mother Sai the greatest Mother. Oh! Mother! I offer myself at Your Lotus Feet!

Sudhindran with His Most Beloved Mother Sai


- N. Sudhindran
Student (2000-2002), Department of Management Studies
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam Campus
Formerly, Senior Manager (Estates), Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust
Currently, Assistant Manager (Finance), Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Chennai


Source: Sai Nandana 2000 (75th Birthday Issue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top