Sunday, July 23, 2000
|Sathya Sai with Students in the Poornachandra Auditorium|
In the morning, after Darshan and interview, Swami came out and spent some time with the Primary School students. After that, Swami blessed the Higher Secondary School students, who showed cards celebrating the fifth anniversary of their Hostel.
Before Bhajans, Swami had told the Warden that He would give a Poornachandra session this afternoon.
In the evening, students, Institute staff and some selected guests assembled in Poornachandra Auditorium around 2.00 pm awaiting the arrival of Swami.
Swami appeared from behind the stage filling everyone with delight. Swami instructed the Institute Warden, Dr. Siva Sankara Sai, to get few shirt and pant pieces and gave the same to the new security men.
The Institute Warden, Dr. Siva Sankara Sai, and a First year M.B.A. student spoke before Swami’s Divine Discourse. In the Discourse,Swami emphasized on how to live with an Avatar and Love.
After the Divine Discourse, two students, one from the Institute and the other from School pleased Bhagavan with their musical recital. It was followed by a Kuchipudi dance performance by K. V. S. K. Ganesh, a II B.Sc. student. After his presentation, Swami appreciated and blessed him with Padanamaskar. Snacks were served to everyone and at one stage Bhagavan enquired with the Warden whether he had arranged for water. Towards the end of the Poornachandra session…
Swami : (Introducing the important guests to a student) Do you know who he is? (The student answered in negative.) He was the former Head of Ford Motors, U.S.A. Now, he is taking care of the Sathya Sai Publications in America. (To the guest) How many books?
Guest : Two lakhs, Swami.
Swami : (To another student) Two lakh books. Even here, there are not so many books. (Pointing to another guest) He is a big man. He gifted 2,400 Korean rugs, very smooth ones for the Bangalore Hospital. (The rugs are imported from Korea and are of very high quality and cost. Pointing to another guest) He is from Trinidad. He was formerly Chief Justice there.
At around 4.00 pm, the session ended with Mangala Aart. Immediately after the session, Swami went to Mandir to give Darshan. After the Darshan, Swami blessed around 20 children from a School for the blind with Padanamaskar and clothes. When Swami came near the teachers, some of the teachers expressed their gratitude to Swami for blessing all with a special session.
Given below are the main points from the Divine Discourse to students in the Poornachandra Auditorium this afternoon:
• In the dream of life, all are actors. God is the director. But He comes down as an actor. God being the director, He takes the role of an actor and is bound by certain rules and regulations. These rules and regulations are applicable to all actors. Some forget the rules and regulations and trespass them; but the director, acting as an actor, follows the discipline strictly. Even though He is all-powerful and all-mighty, He submits Himself to time. (Swami gave the example of Hiranyakashyap and Hiranyaaksha.) God’s punishment is based on time. God also has certain stipulations. He doesn’t transgress His limitations. But man does not follow law. He even criticises God. God excuses all these and tolerates them. (Swami gave the examples of Shishupala and Kamsa.) Only at the appropriate time He punishes. This punishment is not punishment; it is Raksha (Shiksha is also Raksha – Punishment is also for protection). To consider one as many is Bhrama (illusion). Considering many, as one is Bramha (identification of Divinity). I am one, multiplied into many.
• Who is Narada? He symbolizes the one who is travelling from ignorance towards knowledge. He is Sarva Jnani (all knowing).
• For God, tests are His taste. These tests are needed to take you higher in life. God gives us results based on our actions.
• So long you are near and dear to God, none can harm you. (Swami gave the example of Garuda and the snakes on Lord Shiva’s body.) Consider Sannidhi as Pennidhi (proximity of God as the greatest treasure of life). God’s Love is broad. It is ‘Expansion Love’. Human love is ‘Contraction Love’. One should be broad-minded. Your love is like drops of water. God’s love is like an ocean. As culture is deteriorating, we are becoming narrow-minded. We should be broad-minded.
• It is not possible to know the nature of God. Be broad-minded. Kill selfishness. Never allow your love to become narrow. When you are far from God’s love, you see everything small. But as you come near, you will see its vastness.
• Students must make use of words properly. Because of your mean feelings and low desires, you are losing Divinity. So, give up your bad qualities. God is ready for every thing, but you should deserve the right to ask. Give up all bad qualities and develop good qualities. This is Sadhana (spiritual practice). All actions should be done to please God. Whatever you are doing, think that it is God’s work, then certainly it will become good.
• All are one. Be alike to every one. Jesus said, “Death is the dress of life”. There is no difference between one person’s love and another person’s love. Don’t give scope to bad thoughts. Give up bad habits, have steady faith. Don’t give rise to doubts, don’t be a doubting Thomas. (A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience—a reference to the Apostle Thomas, who according to the Bible refused to believe that the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the eleven other apostles, until he could see and feel the wounds received by Jesus on the cross.)
• Swami is not angry with anybody, I am not Durvasa (a sage in Hindu scriptures known for his bad temper). Love is My form. When you get doubts, take time and discriminate; not individual but fundamental discrimination. Develop holy feelings. Study, do your jobs. But never forget that God is the actor. He is a very good actor. If you understand His actions, you will become a hero. God is a perfect hero. He has no desires. The hand of Bhagavan only gives. But I ask for only one thing, give Me your Love. Your Love is My property.