A Child Among Children - By G. Ravishankar


Swami is a child among children, an elder among grown-ups and loving mother to all. It was third or fourth time we were graciously called by Swami to visit Parthi and have His Darshan. Loving Mother Sai called us for an interview. My two sisters and brothers (all younger than me) were looking at Swami. Swami sometimes talked with us too and cracked jokes. While Swami was talking with my younger, 4.5 years old, sister, she suddenly got up and said to Swami pointing towards me, “Swami, my brother always beats me. He is very short tempered. Tell him not to beat me.” Then Bhagavan got up from His throne and putting His hand around my brother and me said, “See, Swami is in everyone. Isn’t he in your sister?” 

“Yes Swami.” 

“So if you beat your sister, you are beating Swami. Isn’t it?” 

“Yes Swami.” 

“Would you like to beat Swami?” 

“No Swami.” 

“Good boys”, Swami said and gave us Prasadam.

This was one of the happiest days of my life. Swami lovingly told this great truth to me like mother telling her children. Swami is the most loving mother on the Earth.

- G. Ravishankar
Student, Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School
Prasanthi Nilayam


Source: Sai Nandana 1985 (60th Birthday Issue)

2 comments:

Back to Top